Apprenticeship Grants for Employers
Employers can benefit from up to £2,500 worth of grant money to hire their own apprentice.
Apprenticeships are an effective and mutually beneficial way to train potential new employees. The employer gains a hardworking employee, and the apprentice gains vital on-the-job experience whilst earning a wage, rather than paying for tuition.
Unfortunately, many smaller businesses can't afford to take on an apprentice.
Luckily, the West of England Apprenticeship Grant for Employers is available.
To be eligible for the £1,500 grant, your company must:
- Have fewer than 250 Employees
- Be based within the boundaries of Bath and North East Somerset, Bristol City and South Gloucestershire
- Have declared they are unable to take on an apprentice without a grant
To be eligible for the £2,500 grant, your company must qualify for all of the above, and be able to take on an apprentice that meets one or more of the following criteria:
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
- Level 3 or higher
- BAME (Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic)
Employers can claim for up to 5 grants.
To receive a grant, you must complete a decleration form, and work with a provider.
Interested? Click here to find out the next steps.