A fabulous resource for the business community
Since 2013, our free business support service has advised over 700 SME businesses and helped over 90 businesses to start. Led by experienced SME advisors Cool Ventures and a range of local specialist advisors, it is a fantastic resource for the business community.
We're very excited to announce that residents and businesses can now access much more, thanks to an injection of funding by the European Regional Development Fund and members of the Enterprising West of England consortium (which includes Bath and North East Somerset Council).
Who can use the service?
- Any B&NES-based resident who's had a bright idea for a business but wants to get some objective feedback on business planning, or who needs to get to grips with the legal and financial basics of setting up a business
- Any start-up or established SME business (an enterprise employing fewer than 250 employees) wanting assistance with strategic planning, investment readiness, or help to deal with operational issues or key challenges such as accounting and finance.
What’s on offer?
B&NES-based residents, start-ups and established small businesses are able to access:
- Extensive one-to-one advice sessions with experienced small business and specialist advisors. Sessions can offer feedback on new business ideas, business plans and sales strategies, and offer advice on finance, employment issues, resource efficiency, social media and more;
- Group workshop sessions on a range of topics, including starting in business and finance basics;
- Grant funding towards the cost of intensive coaching to help businesses with growth plans.
Brett Edgecombe, owner of IT consultancy 101 Data Solutions, has used the Cool Ventures service to the benefit of his business.
"Cool Ventures spent time to assess our current business activities to carefully consider the best approach to enhance our offerings. Once the assessment phase was complete, a clear strategy was presented to our business for implementation.
Once the implementation phase was finished, consistent monitoring and hands on coaching from Cool Ventures enabled the plan to be realised.
We are very pleased with Cool Ventures and have seen improvements to our already efficient processes. Our customers are also pleased to see how we have enhanced our excellent service. 101 Data Solutions would highly recommend this service to other small businesses."
How to access the service
Cool Ventures will continue to be the first point of contact for the service in B&NES, delivering advice to new entrepreneurs, start-up and established SME businesses, and guiding them towards the most appropriate sources of specialist local advice, and funding and support within the Enterprising West of England programme (and elsewhere).