Headquartered in Bath, Royds Withy King is a Sunday Times 100 Best Company to Work for with commercial, private client, personal injury and clinical negligence practices. The company is Bath’s largest law firm with 245 lawyers and staff across two offices in the city.
• Number of years in Bath: 146
• Turnover: £36.1m (2018-19)
• Number of employees: 520 people with offices in Bath, London, Oxford, Swindon and Marlborough.
• Five star rated on Trustpilot.
• Key areas of business: Royds Withy King provides legal advice and services to private individuals and businesses in three distinct areas: Corporate and Commercial, Private Client and Personal Injury. In addition, it has a dedicated sector teams including Retail, Leisure & Hospitality, Health & Social Care, Financial Services and Private Wealth. Royds Withy King is also developing a national reputation in niche areas, ranging from Complex Regional Pain Syndrome and cerebral palsy claims to Racing & Bloodstock and drone law.
Recent Notable Acheivements
• Launched Life Safe®, an unique and innovative new legacy management portal
• Launched market-leading online cost calculators for property conveyancing, noncontentious probate and debt recovery
• Launched Bath Financial Forum to support the thriving local financial services sector
• Appointed the best industry experts to lead its business services teams – from Marketing to Operations, and the first Head of Client Solutions and Innovation
• Instructed to work on exciting new projects, including Stadium for Bath
• Helped to organise the first TEDx Talk in Bath
Did you know?
Last summer, Royds Withy King launched a drone law team led by former RAF traffic controller turned lawyer, Phil Banks-Welsh, to help clients make sense of legislation in this complex area. This has led to the team being invited to contribute to a Department of Transport consultation and Phil Banks-Welsh is now one of the UK’s foremost media commentators on the issues.
Bath & Business
Bath is a brilliant strategic hub which allows us to provide an excellent service to private clients and businesses locally and across the region while also facilitating our work nationally and internationally through our network of offices. Bath is easily accessible, providing excellent transport links. It has also cemented its reputation as a city which is going places, with landmark developments such as Bath Quays and Stadium for Bath getting underway. We are proud to be closely associated with both.
Bath punches above its weight; despite being compact, it has plenty of shops, places to eat and drink, and culture galore. Despite the challenges facing our high street, our Retail and Leisure & Hospitality teams are activity involved with established businesses intent on expanding their footprints in the city as well as newcomers who have identified Bath as a great home for their business.
Bath has retained its community feeling and businesses are keen to engage and collaborate with one another. This is evidenced by the popularity of our two newest local networking groups, Marketers of Bath and the Bath Financial Forum plus our support of Creative Bath.
The city’s collaborative nature is an excellent fit for the vision of our leadership team, which is intent on building a robust and sustainable business centred around its clients and its people and underpinned by a strong commitment to corporate social responsibility. We are totally committed to Bath and will continue to invest in the city, providing significant local employment and a comprehensive range of services which go far beyond just the law, for the benefit of the people and businesses of Bath and surrounding areas.
We are particularly proud of our Step Ahead Challenge which our staff created, with 120 of our people volunteering to walk between all our offices, starting in Bath and ending in London, raising £18k for our chosen charities.