Business Innovation Fund
SME funding and support to bring new products and services to market
Research, development and innovation can help your business adapt for the future and get ahead of the competition, create new products, processes and services to reach new customers, and improve sustainability. The West of England Combined Authority’s Business Innovation Fund provides SMEs with funding and tailored support to bring new products, services and processes to market.
Funding and guidance for SMEs in all sectors
The Business Innovation Fund supports businesses from a wide range of sectors to help develop innovative projects and products that not only fulfill market demand, but also deliver industrial growth.
- Grants of £20,000 or £50,000 to invest in innovation
- Support and guidance to move from concept to commercialisation
- Collaborate with our region’s leading research institutions
- Advice on intellectual property, testing and research and development roadmaps
- Development of a bespoke research, development and innovation action plan for your business
If you're interested in the Business Innovation Fund, please complete this initial registration form and we'll be in touch to discuss the benefits of the fund and the application process.
If your business is:
- Based in the West of England – Bath & North East Somerset, Bristol, North Somerset or South Gloucestershire
- Able to provide match funding towards the cost of your project
- A small or medium sized enterprise (SME) with a staff headcount lower than 250
The Business Innovation Fund is supported with £1,451,825 of funding from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), which is part of the European Structural and Investment Funds 2014-2020. The Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government is the Managing Authority for ERDF. Established by the European Union, the ERDF helps local areas stimulate economic development by investing in project which will support innovation, business, create jobs and delivery local community regeneration. For more information visit: www.gov.uk/guidance/england-2014-to-2020-european-structural-and-investment-funds