Employers to sign up for the cycle to work scheme
Bath & North East Somerset Council has joined thousands of other organisations and signed up to the Government's successful Cycle To Work initiative with Cyclescheme. Cycle to Work is designed to encourage employees to cycle to work – the healthy, sustainable, carbon-free way to get to work.
Cyclescheme enables your employees to save 25-39% of the cost of a new bike & accessories whilst also spreading the cost. It's completely free to join and easy to administer online.
Cyclescheme is a total cycle-to-work solution, it's who we are and what we do. Because of this we've gone the extra-mile with every aspect of our scheme design and service.
- Free marketing portal with customised posters
- Free events support for all employers
- Freedom to ride - schemes over £1,000
- Cyclescheme's any bike guarantee
- Weekly, monthly and seasonal sales and offers
- Save-on-sale retailers - employees save twice
- Easy to access finance option available
How it works
The cycle to work scheme allows employees to obtain commuter bikes and cycling accessories through their employer, whilst spreading the cost over 12 months and making unbeatable savings through a tax break.
1. The employer registers with Cyclescheme - this only takes about 5 mins. Once registered they will be able to access free of charge promotional resources to help them publicise their exciting new employee benefit.
2. The employee visits their local bike shop or browses online to decide what they want; they then apply via the Cyclescheme website. The employer reviews their request and if they are eligible pays for the equipment.
3. The employee receives their bike and starts their salary repayments. After 12 months the employer will have recovered their costs and generated up to 13.8% in savings. The employee will be given their ownership options.