Green Business Grants - Deadline Extended!
Businesses across Bath and North East Somerset wanting to reduce their environmental impact and help meet the district-wide zero carbon target by cutting their carbon emissions, are being reminded that the deadline to apply for West of England Green Business Grants is fast approaching. The grant funding window has however been extended by a fortnight and now closes on Sunday 11 July..
Grants of up to £15,000 are available for small and medium sized enterprises to improve the energy efficiency of their buildings and operations to help reduce greenhouse gas emissions. A free carbon survey will be provided to help businesses identify energy saving improvements.
Councillor Sarah Warren, Deputy Leader and cabinet member for Climate and Sustainable Travel said: “We all have a role to play in tackling the climate and ecological emergencies and as businesses work to recover from the impacts of the pandemic there is an opportunity to make positive change and increase business efficiency, whether that is for example updating equipment or using rooves to generate solar energy. Greening your business can also help to reduce energy bills and lower maintenance costs.
“This grant funding will also help businesses remain competitive within a marketplace where customers and contractors are increasingly making choices based on how businesses are reducing carbon emissions and their environmental impacts. We welcome this funding from the West of England Combined Authority and hope that local businesses will take the first step and apply for a carbon audit to find out what carbon savings they could be making.”
How much funding is available and what the grant can be spent on
Green Business Grants can be used for capital works and purchases to improve the energy efficiency of buildings and business operations, such as the installation of:
- LED lighting and better lighting controls,
- solar film to reduce overheating and air con use in summer,
- more efficient heating and better controls,
- insulation to walls and roofs, and
- air compressors and variable speed drives to improve the efficiency of manufacturing and processing equipment.
Businesses can apply for up to £15,000 to pay for 50-80% of the eligible capital cost and a free Decarbonisation Report will be provided, to help identify energy saving improvements.
The Green Business Grants scheme is managed by the West of England Combined Authority. The grants are funded through the Combined Authority’s Recovery Fund and the European Regional Development Fund.
Dan Norris, West of England Mayor, said: “We’re facing a climate emergency that threatens to change our way of life. I’m urging businesses across the West of England to apply for these Green Business Grants to improve their carbon footprint. Decisions taken now will determine what sort of world our children and grandchildren inherit.”
To apply for a grant you must be:
- a small & medium sized enterprise – with fewer than 250 employees AND a turnover of equal to or less than €50m OR a balance sheet of equal to or less than €43m (including any partnership your organisation is a part of or any linked enterprises),
- based in the West of England region – located in Bath & North East Somerset, Bristol, North Somerset or South Gloucestershire local authority area
- VAT registered, and
- content to be credit checked by a third-party credit reference agency.
Apply by Sunday 11 July
For more information and to apply for a West of England Green Business Grant visit: https://www.westofengland-ca.gov.uk/business/green-business-grants/