Second opportunity to register for a discretionary grant to open 29th June
The government set up a discretionary fund to be administered by local authorities. This fund is to support some charities and small businesses previously outside the scope of the present business grant funds scheme set out by Government.
The second round of registration is available on the 29th June and can be found on the Bath and North East Somerset Council pages. Please read more about the fund, eligibility and the registration process: https://beta.bathnes.gov.uk/register-discretionary-fund.
If you meet these criterium then please register online; the grant process for all applicants will be open for two weeks.
A proportion of the fund is allocated for business that are not in the prioritised areas defined by government, that meet certain eligibility criteria. Principally -
- Businesses not entitled to a grant under the original business support grant schemes, or any other Grant awarded in support of dealing with COVID-19.
- Businesses with ongoing fixed building-related costs e.g. rent, service charges and Council Tax.
- Businesses which occupy property, or part of a property, with annual rent or mortgage payments below £75,000
- Businesses which can demonstrate that they have suffered a significant fall in income (including online activity) due to the Covid-19 crisis.
- Businesses with 49 or less employees (a person who has received remuneration via your payroll system in the last 6 months (up to March 11) and who has a contract of employment).
- Businesses that were trading (active in buying/selling goods or services; excludes activities undertaken for the purposes of acquiring or setting up a proposed new trade) on 11 March.
Government has asked that we priorities the following:
- Small businesses in shared offices or other flexible workspaces; examples could include units in industrial parks, science parks and incubators which do not have their own business rates assessment;
- Regular market / street traders with fixed building costs, such as rent, who do not have their own business rates assessment; and
- Bed & Breakfasts and guest houses which pay Council Tax instead of business rates.
One application is permitted per business within the West of England region and the maximum grant award is £5000.
You will need to register online and you can find details on all the eligibility criteria and information you will need to provide with your application. here https://beta.bathnes.gov.uk/register-discretionary-fund
The scheme is open for two weeks from Monday 29 June 2020 and will close on the 13th July 2020.
If you have any questions please contact our grants team BusinessGrants_Appeal@BATHNES.GOV.UK