Tackle skills gaps in your business
Attract, train and retain the right people
Your people are key to productivity and business growth. Here in the West of England our low unemployment rate often means businesses struggle to find employees with the correct skills. This is where Skills West can help.
Skills advisers will help you to identify and tackle skills gaps in your business, and can connect you with local and national training providers to ensure you get the most relevant, quality training.
Whether you’re looking to take on an apprentice, upskill your existing staff, or attract new staff with the right skills and knowledge, Skills West can signpost you to organisations and funding which most businesses don’t even know exist.
This impartial skills support provides:
- Advice on new apprenticeship standards and funding, covering 90 per cent of training costs
- Help to identify your skills and training needs
- Advice on the best training solutions for your business
- Access to relevant training providers
- Guidance on how to attract and retain the best people
- Advice on how to raise the profile of your employment opportunities
This fully funded service is exclusive to businesses based in the West of England and is only available for a limited time. The service is a partnership with the Western Training Provider Network, funded by the European Social Fund and Education and Skills Funding Agency and commissioned by the West of England Local Enterprise Partnership.