UWE Bristol launches Covid-19 recovery offering for businesses
The University has put together an exciting package of support to help businesses grow and recover through these uncertain times. This includes a £1m Digital Innovation Fund, support for business transformation, and the UWE Business Network.
UWE Bristol is committed to helping businesses navigate through the Covid-19 crisis and beyond.
Find out more and register here
The Digital Innovation Fund: UWE Bristol £1m Covid-19 Recovery Fund
- £1m fund open to SME businesses in any sector within the Bristol, Bath & North East Somerset, North Somerset or South Gloucestershire region looking to find digital solutions and innovate in response to Covid-19.
- Offers eligible businesses innovation grants from £10,000 to £40,000 to fund 35% of project costs.
- Application Deadline: 8 July 2020.
Funding and support for small and large collaborative projects that help transform your business
- Tailored advice and support to help develop collaborative projects and funding applications.
- Leadership and management practices; innovative business models; research and implementation; and technology development.
UWE Business Network
- Discounts on CPD courses
- Regular funding and community updates
- Innovation roundtables
- Networking events
Pro Vice Chancellor for Research and Enterprise Martin Boddy commented: “UWE Bristol is delighted to open its Digital Innovation Fund, a £1m pot of grant funding to support businesses in the West of England to tackle new challenges caused by Covid-19.
Alongside this, SMEs can also access a suite of funding and support for collaborative projects of any size. Our experienced and dedicated Business Development Team can help businesses shape projects and develop applications.
We are also launching the UWE Business Network, providing access to regular updates and events across all of the University’s business facing activities.
In a time of unprecedented change, UWE Bristol is proud of the role it can play to support the region’s SMEs in responding to the pandemic and financial crisis.”
The Digital Innovation Fund funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
Notes to editors:
European Regional Development Fund:
The project (has received) £1,900,000 of funding from the England European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020. The Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government is the Managing Authority for European Regional Development Fund.
Established by the European Union, the European Regional Development Fund helps local areas stimulate their economic development by investing in projects which will support innovation, businesses, create jobs and local community regenerations. For more information visit https://www.gov.uk/european-growth-funding.
West of England region: All organisations with a presence in Bristol, Bath, BANES and South Gloucestershire.