WECA Community Support Fund Launched
A new fund has launched to support communities within the West of England. The Community Support Fund (CSF) will support the most vulnerable within our communities, including those who’ve suffered disproportionately due to COVID-19. The project aims to provide the vital first step towards learning, training and work. Community and voluntary groups can apply for the fund and applications for the initial call need to be submitted by Monday 15 November.
This new £1.5m programme is a key part of the West of England Combined Authority’s Recovery Plan. It will support those who face the greatest risk of negative social, health or economic consequences as a result of the pandemic.
The funding provided by the Community Support Fund will strengthen inclusion through targeted projects which support one or more of these areas:
- Fostering strong family and community cohesion to address the impact of COVID-19 on people, their networks and communities
- Helping people rebuild their lives and confidence following COVID-19 through skills training, employment advice and support
- Local voluntary, community or not-for-profit projects which help groups of vulnerable individuals and communities across our region recover economically and socially from the COVID-19 pandemic
- Emotional and mental health wellbeing activities
- Reducing barriers to accessing Adult Education
- Outreach projects or services (either face-to-face or online) tackling social exclusion; promoting digital entitlement and connectivity in hard-to-reach areas; or raising awareness of – and access to – community and cultural services.
- Raise awareness of and access to community and cultural activities which foster strong community links, cohesion and resilience. Projects will be linked and signposted to (where appropriate) to the Cultural and Creative Fund.
Initial Funding Call – The Programme
This initial call is looking for voluntary and community groups to deliver innovative social value activities which promote positive progressions for the most vulnerable groups in our communities to move closer to employment, skills and volunteering opportunities.
We are looking for initiatives that deliver social value activity as a route into positive progression to skills employment and volunteering. This social value activity can include:
- Activity which strengthens improves social resilience and cohesion
- Activity which improves health and wellbeing
- Activity which improves financial inclusion and resilience
- Activity which increases pride of place and environmental awareness
There are different sized grants available:
- Small grants – Between £1,000 - £9,999
- Medium grants – Between £10,000 - £49,999
- Large grants – Between £50,000 - £100,000
Successful applicants will need to work with the Combined Authority closely to support in monitoring, reporting and evaluation of the programme.
More Information and How to Apply
For full details of the eligibility criteria, application process and deadlines please visit the WECA Community Support Fund webpage, which includes full eligibility criteria and downloadable application forms.
Please be aware there is a different application form and Due diligence form for small grants and medium to large grant applications.
Applicants are required to electronically submit Expression of Interest by Monday 15 November (midnight) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with “CSF – Call 1 Application” in the title of the email. Please note applications received after this date and time will strictly