We value imaginative, entrepreneurial investors and developers, visionary architects and designers who share our values. We recognise the necessity of building strong, positive relationships with developers – of being clear, commercial and straightforward in negotiations and minimising risk and uncertainty.
Aspirations for future development:
- A commitment to the highest appropriate quality of design – not only fit for a World Heritage City, but for the district
- An understanding of and empathy for the Council’s aspirations for sustainable economic growth and creation of appropriate employment opportunities
- Creates a vibrant business destination that attracts entrepreneurs and small creative businesses
- Balances the city as a tourist destination between the needs of visitors and the needs of those who live and work in the area
- Provides suitable and appropriate residential development to support and encourage economic growth and housing requirements
- Creates places to walk and cycle minimising the impact of the car with an emphasis on the space between buildings to provide places to enjoy the surrounding environment
- Attracts developers/investors who understand our commitment to providing homes for all at an award winning quality
- Delivers development which reinforces existing communities and demonstrates leadership in terms of sustainability and carbon reduction
- Promotes development that supports the Council’s movement policies
In return for these commitments, Bath and North East Somerset Council will promote active liaison ensuring that the Council acts corporately – providing a coordinated response to development proposals as they emerge.