Mayden designs, builds and supports insightful cloud based systems for healthcare services in the UK and abroad. Established in 2004, Mayden is a fast growing software company based in Bath. The company’s mission is to provide digital technology that changes what’s possible for clinicians and patients.
• Number of years in Bath: 4
• Turnover: £4.85M (2018-2019)
• Number of employees: 75 people across two locations in Bath
• Key areas of business: Mayden provides software systems that support healthcare teams in providing high quality, comprehensive and consistent care. Mayden’s flagship software is iaptus, the market leading psychological therapy patient management system which is used by over 10,000 therapists across 150 organisations in the Improving Access to Psychological Therapy (IAPT) programme in England and a growing number of organisations in Australia.
Recent notable achievements
• Trusted by psychological therapy services with the records of over 4 million patients
• Accredited with ISO 27001 certification, an internationally recognised information security management standard by BSI
• Set up a coaching programme so that employees can choose to have a colleague as their coach
• Signed up to the Mindful Employer Charter for Employers who are positive about mental health
• Awarded ‘Development Team of the Year’ at the UK IT Industry Awards in 2018
• Shortlisted as Finalists in the Happiest Workplace in the South West in 2017
• Chosen as the SPARKies ‘People’s Choice’ in 2017
Did you know?
Mayden Academy provides intensive training courses for aspiring developers and workshops for experienced developers. Since launching in 2014, Mayden Academy has developed relationships with local employers as hiring partners to ensure course graduates receive employment offers. Mayden is proud to be contributing to the technology skills pool in Bath through Mayden Academy, helping to create and retain talented developers within the area.
Bath & Business
Bath and Bristol is one of the largest and most productive tech clusters in the UK. Bath has an active and collaborative tech community, with great networking opportunities and events such as Bath Digital Festival and Tech Spark, as well as a host of meet ups and hackathons. Mayden is proud to be part of this thriving community. We have benefited from Bath Bridge, a world-class programme which aims to grow talent in the area, offers coaching and mentoring to those taking on their first management role within an organisation. Several of our team members have completed the programme. Our business relies on recruiting software engineers and people with experience of healthcare data management and analytics. We recruit locally and we help to contribute to the tech skills pool in the region through Mayden Academy. We launched a funding scheme in partnership with the West of England Combined Authority and the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport to address the need for more diversity in the UK tech industry and encourage more women to embark on careers in coding. We consider ourselves exceptionally lucky to live and work in beautiful Bath, and our colleagues appreciate its short commutes and good transport links, thriving city centre with independent shops and restaurants, history and architecture, great views and proximity to stunning countryside.